8 Ironclad Ways You Need to Try to Overcome Employee Overtime with a Time Card Machine
Overtime is not as bad as most employers think, it enables a business to cover unexpected circumstances without hiring more workers, and it also gives employees a chance to earn extra income. Another good thing about overtime is that it can easily be managed or controlled with a computerized time card machine.
A computerized or automated time card machine is a modern punch clock that utilizes online timesheets or printable timesheets to track employee time and attendance. An online timesheet or a printable timesheet can be printed out or used as a spreadsheet through a computer and other internet-enabled devices.
In spite of its benefits, overtime also has its shortcomings and can easily turn into a very expensive liability when not managed well. For starters, it has been linked to various health conditions associated with working long hours such as lower-back injuries, high blood pressure, and a wide range of mental conditions such as stress and depression. Several studies have also linked long working hours to increased accident risk, absenteeism and high turnover rates.
As we have already seen, it is possible to control overtime with a good time card machine. It is also possible to mitigate the negative effect of employee overtime but this generally depends on a number of factors such as company size, industry, and work environment.
In spite of this, employee time clock software has generally proved to be a very effective tool for eliminating or controlling unnecessary overtime. Below are just a few ways to outsmart expensive employee overtime with a time card machine or through a printable timesheet system:
- Due to the high levels of data accuracy in a computerized or printable timesheet, it is possible for management to identify an excessive overtime cycle early which is usually the first step into solving the problem.
- The other way that an automated time card machine helps in controlling overtime is it enables managers and supervisors to prevent employees from clocking in too early by preventing them from using the time card machine until their shifts start or by allowing them to start their shifts within a specified grace period.
- A printable timesheet also helps prevent early clocking by allowing employees to clock in early, as a way of eliminating congestion at the time card machine, but not recording their actual start time until their shifts have started officially.
- In the same way, a time card machine should be able to prevent or stop employees from clocking out late or beyond their scheduled shift.
- Alternatively, it can limit punch out or clock out times to within a specified grace period.
- The other way is to allow employees to punch out late but to record their real stop time only.
- Using an automated time clock can also help curb overtime by automatically clocking out an employee after his or her shift has ended. This option is especially helpful when it comes to overcoming forgotten and missed clock outs.
- An automated time card machine also comes with an authorized overtime option that allow managers and supervisors to clock in an employee before a scheduled shift or to allow them to clock out late so as to finish a task.
Most Useful Benefits Of A Time Card Machine?
Attendance is an important feature in any organization that hopes to boost its profits. The profitability of a business organization might depend on the quantity of work delivered by its employees, but it also depends on the time each individual employees spends performing his or her share of the work.
Fortunately, most business owners and managers understand this perfectly and this has seen the popularity of employee time and attendance management systems rise to unbelievable levels in the recent past.
An automated or digitalized time card machine is among the various time and attendance systems we are talking about here; with new studies showing that most business organizations across all industries have already implemented a modern time card machine in the hope of boosting their profitability and to manage their resources in a better way.
Automated time and attendance systems come with an array of benefits that have continued to make them popular, but some of their most useful benefits, according to studies, include the following:
- Modern time card machines are extremely compatible with existing software, such as payroll and scheduling software, and this makes the installation or implementation process easier and more affordable.
- These machines are also compatible with biometrics which leaves absolutely no room for redundancy.
- An automated time card machine eliminates manual time entries and therefore eliminates all chances of human error. Therefore, each and every printable time sheet generated by the machine can be expected to be 100% accurate.
- An automated time card machine will get rid of buddy punching completely, and this is perhaps one of its most popular benefits across all industries.
- A high quality time card machine, sometimes known as a printable time sheet machine, can easily be customized according to company policies.
- The automatic time-tracking system improves the sense of responsibility and accountability amongst employees therefore reducing tardiness, absenteeism and redundancy.
- The hours logged in via a printable time sheet machine or an automated time card machine can be reviewed by managers instantaneously whenever they need to prepare important reports.
- Automated time card machines enable Human Resources Departments to easily manage many aspects of employee attendance, such as, holidays, overtime, sick days, as so on.
- Last but not least, an automated time card machine is easy to implement and use. There is usually no extra hardware to purchase, other than the time card machine, and there is also no software to load. According to most employers and employees alike, there is no single aspect of these modern time tracking machines that is too difficult to use.