Here are the benefits of using Zip Clock in the workplace.
Zip Clock’s Impact in the Industry
1. Lowers Labor Costs
Increased labor costs can be attributed to two key variables: human error and time theft.
- Human Error - Implementing an employee time clock saves time for the human resource department when it comes to payroll management, as the process becomes expedited through automation. Instead of manually calculating employee hours, the software takes on that role.
- This process is also more accurate and eliminates the chance of human error of overpaying or underpaying employees.
- Zip Clock also allows edits to be made as needed. For example, in the event that an employee forgets to clock back in after the lunch hour, managers have the capability to adjust the punch without negatively affecting the employee’s hours worked during that pay period.
- Time Theft - </strong>Unfortunately, employee fraud is not uncommon in the workplace. Whether it’s a staff member clocking in for an unscheduled shift or asking a co-worker to clock in for them when running late, all instances result in hurting the business by increasing labor costs for work that was not, in fact, worked.
- The Zip Clock biometric time clock eliminates these types of issues. Through unique identifiers, like a fingerprint, the hardware scans that print and will only authorize the permitted employee to clock in for themselves.
2. Simplifies Employee Time and Attendance
When it comes to employee scheduling, dated methods of tracking employees’ time worked to verify that each individual is honoring scheduled work times is time-consuming and impractical. With an automated time clock solution, an employee’s time log is immediately recorded after punching in/out.
Zip Clock also informs:
- How long tasks take to complete - For instance, if three employees are scheduled on separate days, each for a 4-hour shift to take stock of inventory, but it takes each employee 5 hours to complete, that would indicate this task is likely a 5-hour job, instead of 4.
- Patterns in overtime –If experiencing regular occurrences in overtime accrual during certain times of the day, this would indicate that more employees should be scheduled during that shift window, instead of keeping employees later beyond their scheduled end time.
- Accurate data –With accurate data collection of how long it takes employees to complete tasks, managers can forecast future shifts more precisely, preventing overscheduling and under scheduling.
3. Ensures Payroll and Labor Law Compliance
As previously discussed, automating time tracking plays a significant role in the payroll procedures, playing up to the benefit of the employer. Another area that needs to be taken into account is the hidden impact of absenteeism on payroll. For instance:
- Time-Off Policies – Paid time off, sick leave, and other excused absences can be logged into the time clock software and calculated without human error to automatically add PTO or sick time to an upcoming paycheck.
- Integration – Zip Clock integrates seamlessly into automated payroll systems. By going digital, cost on resources goes down, as consumable paper for hardcopy time cards/sheets, processing, ink for printing, and other relevant materials is no longer necessary at such high quantities.
Violating labor laws is an Achilles Heel to many businesses, new and old, and must be avoided. Zip Clock tracks labor laws in real-time, while also offering an extensive variety of useful information pertinent to each state/county.